[bi0nic w0man] Not sure what to think....
Pizza Bagel
2007-09-27 02:50:35 UTC
I neither liked it or hated it. I have to agree that Ryan seems to
miscast for the role, but it may just be the writing. She went from
shrieking, freaked out harpy to clam, cool fighting machine in record
time and with little explanation.

On the plus side the special effects where pretty good and the final
fight between Ryan and Starbuck was fairly well done. However, I have
to believe two bionic arms > one bionic arm. No way Jaime Sommers
should have won that fight.
Pizza Bagel
2007-09-27 03:01:22 UTC
Post by Pizza Bagel
I neither liked it or hated it. I have to agree that Ryan seems to
miscast for the role, but it may just be the writing. She went from
shrieking, freaked out harpy to clam, cool fighting machine in record
time and with little explanation.
On the plus side the special effects where pretty good and the final
fight between Ryan and Starbuck was fairly well done. However, I have
to believe two bionic arms > one bionic arm. No way Jaime Sommers
should have won that fight.
Also, does anyone know if those blood additives will regrow the bionic
woman's cherry? Just curious.
John Q. Smith
How old are you...12?
The One True Roger
2007-09-27 03:12:51 UTC
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:50:35 -0700, I found that Pizza Bagel
Post by Pizza Bagel
I neither liked it or hated it. I have to agree that Ryan seems to
miscast for the role, but it may just be the writing. She went from
shrieking, freaked out harpy to clam, cool fighting machine in record
time and with little explanation.
Her BF did state that there were microchips of some sort implanted in
her cerebral cortex that were geared for black-ops type situations. If
they are interacting with her brain, then those moves are simply
programmed in to her. She just needs the proper training in how to
access them.
Post by Pizza Bagel
On the plus side the special effects where pretty good and the final
fight between Ryan and Starbuck was fairly well done. However, I have
to believe two bionic arms > one bionic arm. No way Jaime Sommers
should have won that fight.
She didn't win, I think Corvusbuck went easy on her and was trying
guage what she's capable of.
--
Now accepting applications: Join the cult of Roger, as I am everyone, and
shall be all; so sayeth my prophet (and pet k00k), the great Atlas Bugged.

Atlas Bugged claims years of experience in finding Bangkok/Thai hookers.
<KtKb9.36851$***@bin3.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>
Anim8rFSK
2007-09-27 03:51:08 UTC
Post by Pizza Bagel
On the plus side the special effects where pretty good and the final
fight between Ryan and Starbuck was fairly well done. However, I have
to believe two bionic arms > one bionic arm. No way Jaime Sommers
should have won that fight.
She didn't win, I think Corvusbuck went easy on her and was trying
guage what she's capable of.
They don't seem to have reworked the pilot THAT much, other than
replacing the little sister with a less likeable much cuter version.
Amusingly, in the reshot scenes Jaime seems to have much larger breasts
. . .
Day 13. Jitterbug phones from CVS don't work at all. No one ever calls back.
rwa2play, The Northern Lariat
2007-09-27 03:23:56 UTC
Post by Pizza Bagel
I neither liked it or hated it. I have to agree that Ryan seems to
miscast for the role, but it may just be the writing. She went from
shrieking, freaked out harpy to clam, cool fighting machine in record
time and with little explanation.
Meh. I guess the writers are thinking "this is going to run one season"
and decided to kill the "confused" stage early off.
Post by Pizza Bagel
On the plus side the special effects where pretty good and the final
fight between Ryan and Starbuck was fairly well done. However, I have
to believe two bionic arms > one bionic arm. No way Jaime Sommers
should have won that fight.
FX were good, the fight I guess they didn't her getting totally 0wned by
the the psycho bw.
--
rwa2play, The Northern Lariat
The vanguard of RSPW. I <3 joshi puroresu.

"Don't sing it, BRING IT!" -- Scott Hall.

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish. -- Albert Einstein
chuck
2007-09-27 03:55:21 UTC
Post by Pizza Bagel
On the plus side the special effects where pretty good and the final
fight between Ryan and Starbuck was fairly well done. However, I have
to believe two bionic arms > one bionic arm. No way Jaime Sommers
should have won that fight.
FX were good, the fight I guess they didn't her getting totally 0wned by
the the psycho bw.
I'm just wondering how they can do a re-make of Bionic Woman without also
doing a remake of "The $6 Million Man"? Let's see Steve Austin again, heck
let Steve Austin (y.the wrestler) play the part.
David B
2007-09-27 03:59:57 UTC
Post by Pizza Bagel
On the plus side the special effects where pretty good and the final
fight between Ryan and Starbuck was fairly well done. However, I have
to believe two bionic arms > one bionic arm. No way Jaime Sommers
should have won that fight.
FX were good, the fight I guess they didn't her getting totally 0wned by
the the psycho bw.
I'm just wondering how they can do a re-make of Bionic Woman without also
doing a remake of "The $6 Million Man"? Let's see Steve Austin again, heck
let Steve Austin (y.the wrestler) play the part.
6 Million Dollar Man is in movie development hell right now because Jim Carrey
backed out of the project.
SyVyN11
Is that a bad thing?
David B
no. it's a good thing because his version was going to be a comedy.
SyVyN11
My question was more rhetorical, but thanks for the answer.
Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!
2007-09-27 05:55:31 UTC
Post by Pizza Bagel
On the plus side the special effects where pretty good and the final
fight between Ryan and Starbuck was fairly well done. However, I have
to believe two bionic arms > one bionic arm. No way Jaime Sommers
should have won that fight.
FX were good, the fight I guess they didn't her getting totally 0wned by
the the psycho bw.
I'm just wondering how they can do a re-make of Bionic Woman without also
doing a remake of "The $6 Million Man"? Let's see Steve Austin again, heck
let Steve Austin (y.the wrestler) play the part.
"And that's the bottom line..."

Na na na na na na na na BIONIC STUNNER!!!

" 'Cause Stone Cold said so!"

LG
--
The Bush administration isn't distracting America from what really matters;
Desperate Housewives is. - Ahmed Johnson's Beer Belly v2.0
Rich Billionaire
2007-09-27 05:30:57 UTC
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 23:23:56 -0400, "rwa2play, The Northern Lariat"
Post by rwa2play, The Northern Lariat
Meh. I guess the writers are thinking "this is going to run one season"
and decided to kill the "confused" stage early off.
I don't know how you and a few other people can perceive that this
show will be short-lived. But if you're right, then I'm going to be
really pissed at the American public for not watching this show and/or
at NBC for being stupid in cancelling it. This is one of the finest
new TV shows I've seen in a while. It'd be like when they cancelled
Wonderfalls after a few episodes.
lab~rat >:-)
2007-09-27 13:05:12 UTC
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 22:30:57 -0700, Rich Billionaire
Post by Rich Billionaire
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 23:23:56 -0400, "rwa2play, The Northern Lariat"
Post by rwa2play, The Northern Lariat
Meh. I guess the writers are thinking "this is going to run one season"
and decided to kill the "confused" stage early off.
I don't know how you and a few other people can perceive that this
show will be short-lived. But if you're right, then I'm going to be
really pissed at the American public for not watching this show and/or
at NBC for being stupid in cancelling it. This is one of the finest
new TV shows I've seen in a while. It'd be like when they cancelled
Wonderfalls after a few episodes.
Or when they gave up on Dark Angel after season one...

--
lab~rat >:-)
Stupid humans...
lab~rat >:-)
2007-09-27 13:04:25 UTC
Post by Pizza Bagel
I neither liked it or hated it. I have to agree that Ryan seems to
miscast for the role, but it may just be the writing. She went from
shrieking, freaked out harpy to clam, cool fighting machine in record
time and with little explanation.
Meh. I guess the writers are thinking "this is going to run one season"
and decided to kill the "confused" stage early off.
Well I'll give it another chance. I think it could have potential,
and the 'confused' stage wasn't necessary to go on much longer.
Although I would have made it a two hour pilot...

--
lab~rat >:-)
Stupid humans...
rwa2play (Lost mode on)
2007-09-27 15:17:11 UTC
Post by Pizza Bagel
I neither liked it or hated it. I have to agree that Ryan seems to
miscast for the role, but it may just be the writing. She went from
shrieking, freaked out harpy to clam, cool fighting machine in record
time and with little explanation.
Meh. I guess the writers are thinking "this is going to run one season"
and decided to kill the "confused" stage early off.
Well I'll give it another chance. I think it could have potential,
and the 'confused' stage wasn't necessary to go on much longer.
Although I would have made it a two hour pilot...
I agree with you. It should have been a two-hour story...or at least
a two part pilot.
lab~rat >:-)
2007-09-27 19:41:53 UTC
Post by Pizza Bagel
I neither liked it or hated it. I have to agree that Ryan seems to
miscast for the role, but it may just be the writing. She went from
shrieking, freaked out harpy to clam, cool fighting machine in record
time and with little explanation.
Meh. I guess the writers are thinking "this is going to run one season"
and decided to kill the "confused" stage early off.
Well I'll give it another chance. I think it could have potential,
and the 'confused' stage wasn't necessary to go on much longer.
Although I would have made it a two hour pilot...
I agree with you. It should have been a two-hour story...or at least
a two part pilot.
Well arguably, the next episode will be part two...

--
lab~rat >:-)
Stupid humans...

jayembee
2007-09-27 04:13:40 UTC
Post by Pizza Bagel
On the plus side the special effects where pretty good and the
final fight between Ryan and Starbuck was fairly well done.
However, I have to believe two bionic arms > one bionic arm.
No way Jaime Sommers should have won that fight.
Especially given that Corvus broke Jaime's good arm. The crack
was unmistakable, and the captions even described the sound
of bones breaking.

-- jayembee
Rich Billionaire
2007-09-27 05:32:50 UTC
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 04:13:40 GMT, jayembee
Post by jayembee
Post by Pizza Bagel
On the plus side the special effects where pretty good and the
final fight between Ryan and Starbuck was fairly well done.
However, I have to believe two bionic arms > one bionic arm.
No way Jaime Sommers should have won that fight.
Especially given that Corvus broke Jaime's good arm. The crack
was unmistakable, and the captions even described the sound
of bones breaking.
Her name is not Jaime. It's Ruth Treadwell.
Quit calling her frigging Jaime.
And obviously her arm wasn't broken if she could keep fighting.
lab~rat >:-)
2007-09-27 13:05:46 UTC
Post by jayembee
Post by Pizza Bagel
On the plus side the special effects where pretty good and the
final fight between Ryan and Starbuck was fairly well done.
However, I have to believe two bionic arms > one bionic arm.
No way Jaime Sommers should have won that fight.
Especially given that Corvus broke Jaime's good arm. The crack
was unmistakable, and the captions even described the sound
of bones breaking.
Her name is not Jaime. It's Ruth Treadwell.
Quit calling her frigging Jaime.
And obviously her arm wasn't broken if she could keep fighting.
She heals fast.

--
lab~rat >:-)
Stupid humans...
Poof
2007-09-27 16:55:16 UTC
Post by jayembee
Post by Pizza Bagel
On the plus side the special effects where pretty good and the
final fight between Ryan and Starbuck was fairly well done.
However, I have to believe two bionic arms > one bionic arm.
No way Jaime Sommers should have won that fight.
Especially given that Corvus broke Jaime's good arm. The crack
was unmistakable, and the captions even described the sound
of bones breaking.
-- jayembee
I posted about this when the original pilot was leaked. Both of her
arms get f*cked up and then suddenly she's fine and wins. Happened to
Buffy all the time.
David Johnston
2007-09-27 05:59:10 UTC
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:50:35 -0700, Pizza Bagel
Post by Pizza Bagel
I neither liked it or hated it. I have to agree that Ryan seems to
miscast for the role, but it may just be the writing. She went from
shrieking, freaked out harpy to clam, cool fighting machine in record
time and with little explanation.
It's programmed in. What more do you need?
Well, she didn't.
Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
2007-09-27 07:37:49 UTC
Post by Pizza Bagel
On the plus side the special effects where pretty good and the final
fight between Ryan and Starbuck was fairly well done. However, I have
to believe two bionic arms > one bionic arm. No way Jaime Sommers
should have won that fight.
Well, she didn't.
Wait until you find out that their bionics kill them in 5 yrs! (Alex
7000.net)

Episode #106 - 'The Journey'

New characters in this episode include: Carl, 'Becca's boyfirend; Dr.
Demarcus Childs

'Becca gets hot and heavy in the apartment with Carl!

Plot involves Sarah AND Jaime meeting Dr.Childs at his house, which appears
dishevlled, the coach littered with newspapers. Both seem to be there of
their own freewill and working together. In contrast to the state of the
living room, there is an immacualtely kept lab in the basement of the house.

Something happens earlier in the episode to the above meeting, and Jaime
recognises a 'pipe' in an ashtray in TV dinner tray. Some kind of drugs
paraphenalia, due to the bits of aluminum foil containing brown chunks near
it - 'pre-made hits' says the script.

Childs used to work with Anthros, as a researcher, but left because it was
'dangerous' 'removing an Inhibitor.When Jaime askes why it was dangerous,
Childs says "It would have meant the end. Of everything"

The Inhibitor is something to do limiting Jaime and Sarah's life-span to 5
years [As brought up in the previous episode, 'Faceoff'], and their being
'saved' threatens certain people, which sarah finds hard to beleive "...how
can the two of us being saved possibly threaten anyone?"

Child knows Sarah of old, something to do with an' illness' she had [drug
addiction?]

Child's compares Jaime and Sarah to wild rabbits which ravaged the Australia
ecosystem, after being introduced into the wild, 'against God's will, and
they destroyed everything they came into contact with, plants, species, etc.
Jaime says "And those like us... Bionic candidates... we're the rabbits, is
that it? And if we live past five years, somehow that will mean the end of
everything?"

It looks like Sarah and Jaime are there to get their Inhibitors removed, or
perhaps neutralised.

Jaime and Sarah have the Flash Drive with them, which belonged to Matthew
Stevens [again, last episode, 'Faceoff']. They give it to Child.

We learn that the anthrocytes in the Bionic candidates blood are timed to
mutate, eventually going rogue and killing themselves. They start out
helping to heal the person, but eventually do the opposite and end up
killing them by casuing damage at the sub-cellular level. Child's compares
it to a normal person getting cancer.

The anthrocytes can be reprogrammed to stop their destructive mission, if
they are reached in time.

Childs was working on a smaller version of the anthrocyte 'machine', less
than 50 nanometers - NANOTECH PROXY SUB 50 -- VERSION 8.

Childs stopped his research after the death of a woman, possibly his wife or
daughter, most likely from cancer.

Childs has one vial of the fluid which will prolong Sarah and Jaime's
lifespan... the only trouble is he only has enough to treat one of them!

Jonas and Jae have a fight, and Jae breaks Jonas' hand. Jae pins Jonas down,
and grips Jonas neck in a hold which nearly makes him black out. When Jonas
recovers, Jae is gone. This may be something to do with Sarah escaping the
Berkut complex last epsidoe... did Jae let her go?
o***@earthlink.net
2007-09-27 14:28:33 UTC
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 07:37:49 GMT, "Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
Childs has one vial of the fluid which will prolong Sarah and Jaime's
lifespan... the only trouble is he only has enough to treat one of them!
Now, THAT'S a hackney'd old TV saw.
--
Paleontologists recently announced they have
discovered when Man first discovered language:

And it was BAD language.
f***@aol.com
2007-09-27 15:04:27 UTC
Post by Pizza Bagel
I neither liked it or hated it. I have to agree that Ryan seems to
miscast for the role, but it may just be the writing. She went from
shrieking, freaked out harpy to clam, cool fighting machine in record
time and with little explanation.
On the plus side the special effects where pretty good and the final
fight between Ryan and Starbuck was fairly well done. However, I have
to believe two bionic arms > one bionic arm. No way Jaime Sommers
should have won that fight.
Try posting the show you're talking about in the title, dipshit.